FAMILY DINNER: Wednesday, January 25th, 6-7 PM
We love to eat together! Family dinners are a chance to enjoy a home-cooked meal by Chef Pierre and good company in Lower Hall. Wednesdays, 6:00 – 7:00 PM
Catch up with old friends and make new ones too! Bring a non-perishable item to donate to the local food pantry and a friend with you too!
Please RSVP by 1/23 so we have enough food.
The Art of Forgiveness: Tuesdays, 7 – 8:30 PM
(resumes February 14th – March 14th)
Want to become a more tolerant, compassionate human being? Learn a new educational process of reducing anger, depression, and anxiety by signing up for The Art of Forgiveness.
Come join us during Sunday Worship for a special service designed to achieve a contemplative state through music, song and silence.
Feel free to contact Erica Liu
Last year 18 organizations came together to host the first annual “Race and Faith” event at UW—Madison. This year, 26 campus organizations are partnering again for an evening of storytelling from members of the UW—Madison community on the theme, “Seeing Color.” Stories have the power to engage, transform, and motivate people to action. This evening of storytelling is designed to build community and spark new connections that will be a hopeful witness on campus.
This event is free and open to the public. No tickets required.
Join us for this evening of personal storytelling on the theme “seeing color” from voices in our UW—Madison community. Dinner will follow to continue the conversation and share our own stories of seeing color.
(6-7pm): Storytelling and guest performances
(7-8pm): Dinner and discussion
*Featured storytellers include:
1) Bobbie Kelsey-Grayson, former UW-Madison Women’s Basketball Coach
2) Maria Ahmad, Assistant Director at the Multicultural Student Center
3) Mike Hughes, Blackhawk College Pastor
4) Sami Karim Haddad, Graduate Student in Economics at UW-Madison
5) Jasmine Bhatia, Undergraduate Student at UW-Madison
*Featured performers include:
1) Michael Charles, intern at YWAM-Madison
2) A performance from First Wave, a program of the Office of Multicultural Arts Initiatives.
The following campus organizations are sponsors of this event. This is an unprecedented collection of religious organizations all united in a commitment to addressing issues of racial justice at UW-Madison and in the larger Madison community:
1. Asian American InterVarsity
2. Badger Cru
3. Baha’i Campus Association
4. Blackhawk CAM
5. Delight Ministries
6. Fellowship of Christian Atheletes
7. Force for Freedom
8. Genesis Campus Ministries
9. Geneva Campus Church
10. Harvest Church of Madison
12. His House Christian Fellowship
13. InterVarsity Graduate Fellowship
14. InterVarsity Undergrad
15. Lutheran Campus Center
16. Office of Multicultural Arts Initiatives (First Wave)
17. Pathways to Educational Acheivement
18. Pres House
19. St. Francis House
20. St. Paul University Catholic Center
21. The Crossing
22. The Navigators
23. Upper House
24. UW Division of Student Life
25. UW Multicultural Student Center
26. YWAM Madison
Please join us for a brief service to open the time of Lent, a season of fasting and prayer.
Featuring the Netflix documentary, 13th. Watch and dine as scholars, activists and politicians analyze the criminalization of African Americans and the U.S. prison boom.
Pres House Young Professionals Potlucks – Fridays, 6:00 PM
We gather monthly in people’s homes to share food and company.
- Friday, February 10 – Becky & Bonnie’s place (75 Craig Avenue, Madison, WI)
- More dates TBD
Check out Facebook for the latest happenings at Pres House!