Trips & Retreats
Fall Retreat 2019, October 18th-20th @ Lake Waubesa Bible Camp
“Finding Purpose Through Play” led by Dr. Lakisha Lockhart
Eco-Spirituality Retreat ~ September 28th, 10:30 AM – 4 PM
Replenish your spirit on a Wisconsin prairie. Open your senses to the greening of the self. Listen and tell stories of caring for the land and the connections of purpose. At Holy Wisdom Monastery, you can retreat for the day and have a visit with the meaning in your life as you explore the outdoors. Cost is $10 which includes program and lunch. Register here by September 23rd.
BWAP 2020 Destination Will Be Announced this Fall 2019 – Stay tuned!
BREAK WITH A PURPOSE: SAN ANTONIO, TEXAS ~ January 5-12th, 2019
This past year we went to San Antonio to learn about the complex issue of immigration and to help repair sub-standard housing. You can read about some of the team’s experiences here.
Past Pres House trips include:
- Flood Relief Work (Louisiana)
- Faith, Service & Justice (Center for Faith & Service, Chicago)
- Hurricane Sandy Relief Work (New York City)
- An Alabama Experience: 1963-2013 (Selma, Montgomery, Birmingham)
- Tornado Relief Work (Joplin, Missouri)
- Washington D.C. (Exploring poverty issues, visits to Sojourners, PCUSA Office of Public Witness, construction)
- Pine Ridge Reservation, South Dakota (Volunteering with Re-Member)
- Chavies, Kentucky (Volunteering with Appalachia Service Project)
- Heifer Ranch (Arkansas)