Graduate student, Rebecca Jane Bedell, composed this poem for Worship on April 8th, 2018, as Rev. Mark Elsdon preached the sermon, “Is God a Man?” You can listen to her reading the poem at the end of sermon. Rebecca is a candidate in the MFA program at UW Madison. In His Own Image Michelangelo stands crammed […]
Hope Endures – A Reflection from BWAP Louisiana by Clare Aeschbacher If you’ve been present in Worship or keeping up with the Pres House blog the past couple of weeks, you’ve already heard some of the stories from the winter Break With A Purpose trip to Denham Springs, Louisiana. First we heard Taya share about […]
A Reflection from BWAP Louisiana by Mary Murphy Hope is Named. As I reflected upon this phrase, I pulled out my sketchbook to help me express my thoughts. I resulted in the displayed drawing. I reflected on the stories I heard throughout my trip to Denham Springs, LA and I ended up with three elements […]
Hope is Tested – A reflection from BWAP Louisiana by Steven Martell When I think of the phrase “Hope being tested”, I tend to think of the word “Faith”, so when I was asked to speak about a time that hope was tested, I knew I wanted to share a brief story of faith in […]
Hope is Born in Louisiana – A reflection from BWAP 2018 by Taya Briggs As some of you know, twelve students and young professionals from Pres House went to Denham Springs, Louisiana over winter break to provide relief to flood victims. While the damage happened a year and a half ago, the community has all […]
- In His Own Image – A Poem 0 Comments
- Hope Endures – A Reflection from BWAP Louisiana 0 Comments
- Hope is Named – A Reflection from BWAP Louisiana 0 Comments
- Hope is Tested – A reflection from BWAP Louisiana 0 Comments
- Hope is Born in Louisiana 0 Comments
- Bring Back the Basement – 3 Year Anniversary 0 Comments
- Two+: Christian Community 0 Comments
- In the Heart of Campus – Drone video 0 Comments
- Letters from Prison 0 Comments
- 10 Pieces of Alumni Advice for Madison Students 0 Comments
- What Romans 16 has to do with Ferguson, MO – Listening to the Voices of the Stranger 5 Comments
- “Let Us Walk Together” – A Word of Comfort After the Election From Your Asian American, Female Pastor 5 Comments
- A Lament for Ferguson 2 Comments
- “Shut Up & Speak Up” – A Call to Action After the Election From Your White, Male Pastor 2 Comments
- Free to put down our guns 2 Comments
- Lessons from A Charlie Brown Christmas 1 Comment
- Tell it like it is – Ash Wednesday and Lent 1 Comment
- Looking for Summer Student Staff 1 Comment
- Young Adult Volunteer – Hannah in Zambia! 1 Comment
- A Pastoral Letter on Recent Events 1 Comment
- […] Donate […]... Bring Back the Basement - 3 Year Anniversary - Pres House on Donate
- Awesome piece Erik! Loved it!... Mrs Leinss on Growing Away,...
- […] Pres House Fall Retr... 10 Pieces of Alumni Advice for Madison Students - Pres House on Pres House Fall...
- First of all, this is an amazi... Alicia Powers on What if I Fail?
- Right on! Thanks for writing ... Linda Elsdon on Free to put down...
- Well said Mark!... Ron Elsdon on Free to put down...
- […] will even be angry. ... What Romans 16 has to do with Ferguson, MO - Listening to the Voices of the Stranger - Pres House on A Pastoral Letter...
- Thank you, Mark. I so thoroug... Arlene Reed on “Shut Up...
- Thank you for your words of wi... Arlene Reed on “Let Us Walk...
- Thank you!... Linda Elsdon on “Let Us Walk...